SCHOLARSHIP AWARD DETAILS
The Ryan Jones Foundation will afford at least $1,000 to an award recipient in two installments (one per semester), generally the fall ($500) & spring ($500) for one year provided the student is enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school on a full-time basis. The student must maintain a 2.50 grade point average.
Applicant must be a high school senior athlete, college bound, from a single parent/guardian home performing at or greater than a grade level of a “C”.
- Applicant must submit at least a minimum of one-page/ maximum three-page, handwritten essay, detailing why he deserves this award; goals after graduating from college, university, or trade school.
- Applicant must provide a minimum of one letter of recommendation from a teacher, in addition a letter of recommendation from a school counselor, coach, or principal. Each letter of recommendation should have the applicant’s name on it and signed by the person making the recommendation.
- Applicant must complete the enclosed scholarship application form, in its entirety, and must be signed by the applicant and the parent/guardian.
- Applicant must attach a small picture (head shot or senior picture is preferred) to their completed application.
- Applicant must provide a copy of their high school official transcript (with school seal)
- The recipient of this award is required to submit a copy of their grades after each college semester to the Director of the Scholarship Committee to:
The Ryan Jones Foundation
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all application materials are sent to The Ryan Jones Foundation by March 31, 2019 deadline. To expedite transition, documents may be scanned and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.